Killing Floor 2: Neon Nightmares Update Ups the Ante with Arsenal of New Weapons and Brand-new Map, Out Now for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One
Publisher and developer Tripwire Interactive invites players to brighten the night with the Killing Floor 2: Neon Nightmares update, out now for PlayStation®4, PlayStation®4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One X, and PC via Steam. Explore the brand-new map Biolapse – and journey deep into the intricate layers of this laboratory, clearing out the Zeds running rampant through its haunted halls. To face these new threats, players can also look forward to the introduction of two new weapons: the HRG Incendiary Rifle for the Firebug and Compound Bow for the Sharpshooter.
Today’s launch of the Killing Floor 2: Neon Nightmares update, follows a longtime tradition of providing new maps, weapons, and notable free content updates since Killing Floor 2 first launched!
Killing Floor 2: Neon Nightmares update highlights include:
- New Map: Biolapse
- Compatible with Survival and Weekly Game Modes
- Explore multiple levels in this abandoned Horzine laboratory and take advantage of layouts and traps to give the Zeds a run for their own dosh
- New Weapon: HRG Incendiary Rifle
- Set hordes of Zeds aflame with this modified M16 M203 Assault Rifle equipped with incendiary rounds and grenades. Grenade blasts also leave behind a temporary patch of flame that burns Zeds
- New Weapon: Compound Bow (Paid Content)
- This versatile bow features two arrow types. Sharp arrows have a high penetration and damage rate and can be picked up off the ground to re-use. Cryo arrows create a small explosion with a high rate of freeze. Both arrow types can be charged to boost both range and damage. For close encounters, the melee bash is also decked with a long blade, dealing substantial damage.
To celebrate the launch of the new update Tripwire will be kicking off a sales promotion later today on Steam! Head here for more details!
For full details on the Killing Floor 2: Neon Nightmares update, head to the official Tripwire Interactive forums.
In Killing Floor 2, players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union— Just one month after the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.
Not all have given up hope though… A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.