SEA OF THIEVES CREWS OF RAGE, The second monthly content update of the year has arrived in the form of Crews of Rage! Alongside your usual round of new quality of life updates, feature fixes and new cosmetics added to the Pirate Emporium and Black Market, players can also enjoy the ability to change their pirate’s appearance as well a valuable (and temperamental) addition to the treasure trove of loot hidden across the Sea of Thieves…
As you can see, the term ‘handle with care’ has never been more important. Now, before you start plotting your adventures, read on for a more detailed breakdown of what to expect this month – hot off the presses!
CREWS OF RAGE
The recent return of a certain hot-headed Skeleton Lord is having fiery repercussions around the Sea of Thieves! Skeletons are flocking to Molten Sands Fortress while a new kind of Cursed Chest, the Chest of Rage, is heating things up when it blows its lid.
CREWS OF RAGE – RELEASE NOTES
- Chest of Rage – Rumours tell of a mysterious new Cursed Chest being protected by the skeletons of The Devil’s Roar. The Chest of Rage burns hotter and hotter over time, and players must manage the heat using water to prevent it from setting itself off! If the chest overheats, it releases a shockwave that sets fire to any nearby ships, players or skeletons. Attacking a Chest of Rage can also cause it to overheat, which can be used to your advantage…
The Gold Hoarders are eager to retrieve the Chests of Rage and will reward players with reputation and gold for their efforts. However, crews looking for a larger payout at the expense of rep can deliver these chests to the Masked Stranger at The Reaper’s Hideout for double gold!
Following the Crews of Rage update, the Chest of Rage will persist as an emergent discovery in the world along with a guaranteed reward upon clearing Molten Sands Fortress.
- Bounty of Rage Voyages – Skeleton crews have been spotted coveting these mysterious new chests and protecting them within the perilous region of The Devil’s Roar. Duke offers players a range of Bounty Voyages, tasking them to venture into The Devil’s Roar to retrieve a Chest of Rage and thwart the skeletons’ plans, before returning with the Chest and giving the skellies a taste of their own medicine! Defeating a Skeleton Lord during the Voyage will also reward crews with a stash of Rag and Bone Crates and Gifts.
All Bounty of Rage Voyages is time-limited for the duration of the Crews of Rage update.
- Legendary Bounty of Rage Voyage – Pirate Legend crews are tasked with a deadlier Voyage into The Devil’s Roar to retrieve a Chest of Rage, before harnessing its power to defeat a range of skeleton threats. So Legends should prepare for a harder encounter, but will be rewarded with quicker progress towards the Ashen Treasures Commendations!
The Legendary Bounty of Rage Voyage is time-limited for the duration of the Crews of Rage update.
- Molten Sands Fortress – At the heart of heightened skeleton activity within The Devil’s Roar, Molten Sands Fortress is the only Skeleton Fort active in this update and sees Ashen Skeletons defending the Fort ferociously alongside Skeleton Lords. Crews willing to brave the flames and conquer the Fortress will be rewarded with Ashen Treasure along with a guaranteed Ashen Chest and the rumored Chest of Rage, in addition to Skeleton Orders leading to a stash of Rag and Bone Crates!
- Ashen Treasures Commendations and Rewards: Volume 4 – Duke and the Outpost stores both have new stocks of Ashen cosmetics, rewarding players for collecting the final volume of Ashen Tomes hidden inside recovered Ashen Chests. In the Crews of Rage update, players can recover new Tomes of Resurrection, giving them access to the final set of Commendations and cosmetics including items from the weapon and ship sets. Players will also continue to find Tomes of Curses, Tomes of Power and Tomes of Fire, providing access to previous Ashen cosmetics.
All Ashen Treasures Commendations and rewards will become a permanent addition to the Outpost stores after the Crews of Rage update.
- Ashen Tomes from Chest Stash Voyages – Following the release of the final volume of Ashen Tomes, Ashen Chest Stash Voyages purchased from the Black Market will now offer an equal chance to find any volume of the Ashen Tomes.
- Ashen Key Stash Voyages – Duke has retrieved a stash of Ashen Keys and is offering them to players who need a quick route to opening their Ashen Chest. These Black Market Voyages can be purchased for Doubloons and are repeatable to your heart’s content!
- Black Market Stash Voyage Pricing – The prices for both Ashen Key and Ashen Chest Stash Voyages have been increased, as these now offer a larger range of rewards and will persist after this update.
- Ashen Treasures Achievements – A range of Xbox achievements has been added for unlocking in-game Commendations. A total of 35 gamerscore is available to earn from this update, and these achievements will persist in the game for future updates.
In other news