Sea of Thieves Release Notes 2.0.17 – its that time of month and the new release in Sea of thieves and the Ashen Winds update is now live, read below about the update
Through the treachery of Stitcher Jim and the efforts of all those pirates duped into helping him, Captain Flameheart has amassed the Tomes, Jewels and other ritual ingredients needed to raise up his most loyal followers as fiery Ashen Lords.
- Four new cursed Skeleton Captains known as Ashen Lords enter the Sea of Thieves. Their appearance as an emergent threat on an island is signified by a fiery tornado on the horizon.
- Ashen Lords’ attacks include knockbacks, lunges, breathing fire, hurling flaming rocks and plunging a player’s world into ashen darkness.
- The Ashen Lords have one more trick up their skeletal sleeves for players who reach the final stage of the encounter, known as ‘Roar of the Devil’. You’ll know it when you see it…
- Geysers will erupt when an Ashen Lord is defeated, unearthing treasure for all who braved the encounter in addition to the Ashen Winds Skull.
Ashen Winds Skull
- The Ashen Winds Skull isn’t just a trophy for the Order of Souls – it doubles as a deadly weapon. Players can wield it like a flamethrower, setting fire to nearby rivals, skeletons and ships!
- The Ashen Jewel inside each Ashen Winds Skull dims as its devastating power is drained. Keep in mind that these skulls are worth a lot less to the Order of Souls with their power depleted.
Ashen Winds Commendations
- New Commendations have been added which will grant players rewards such as new Titles, the Ashen Winds Skull Sail and a range of Ashen tattoos.
Ashen Winds Achievements
- New Xbox and Steam achievements can be unlocked by progressing through the new in-game Commendations. A total of 40 gamerscore is available to earn from this update, and these achievements will remain in the game indefinitely.
Hunter of Captain Grimm [10G]
Hunter of Red Ruth [10G]
Hunter of Old Horatio [10G]
Hunter of Warden Chi [10G]
Ashen Winds Events
- If Daily Bounties and the Gold Rush multiplier aren’t enough to fill your nautical calendar, head to the dedicated Events Hub for more information on the live events included in this update – including Skull Sweep!
Please note that the Ashen Expeditions event has now been retired to the vault.
It’s as busy as ever at the Pirate Emporium this month, with brand new stock and a little something special underway to mark the occasion of Rare’s 35th anniversary.
PIRATE EMPORIUM – RELEASE NOTES
Sail? Sail… Sale!
- For the duration of the Ashen Winds update, ship bundles and parts in the Rare Heritage Collection are discounted in celebration of Rare’s 35th anniversary!
Free Giveaway Emote
- You’ll find the new Heel Click emote available for free in the Pirate Emporium.
Ashen Curse Collector’s Pets
- These exotic pets were scorched by The Devil’s Roar and transformed with an Ashen Curse!
Kraken Cat Outfits
- Looking for a new outfit for your little monster slayer? Look no further than the Kraken Outfits, available for all breeds.
- These six new emotes show your pirate deep in conversation or retelling an eventful tale to your crew!
Character Emotes Bundle
- Ever felt like taking up work at the Outpost and leaving the sea for others to conquer? With these emotes, you can act just like your favourite Outpost characters wherever your journey takes you.
Bargain Pet Bundles
- The Cat’s Meow Bundle, Parrots Aplenty Bundle and Monkey Madness Bundle each offer three pets along with outfits for them all to wear!
Mau Kraken Discount Bundle
- For this month only, players can pick up a discounted bundle with their favourite little black cat dressed in a ferocious Kraken Outfit.
Ashen Creatures Bundle (Store Only)
- Available only from the Xbox, Microsoft and Steam Stores. This bundle contains two premium Collector’s pets touched by the Ashen Curse, 1000 Ancient Coins and a free 25,000 gold bonus for use in the Outpost shops! Head to the Microsoft Store or Steam Item Store to find out more.
In other news Greatest clips of the week