Take a Bite Out of Shark Week! All Maneater Players Receive Tiger Shark Adaptation for Free Today. Tripwire Interactive Makes a Splash with Extended Shark Week Sale and Jawesome Tiger Shark Gift for All Current and New Players
Developer and publisher Tripwire Interactive, the studio behind the summer blockbuster, open-world, action-RPG (aka ShARkPG) Maneater, is celebrating Shark Week with a free gift for all players. Both current and new Maneater players on all gaming platforms can grab the Tiger Shark Adaptation for free. Named after the legendary Tiger Shark, often referred to as “the garbage can of the sea,” this evolution provides extra nutrients when consuming prey in addition to providing a sharply striped cosmetic upgrade. The Tiger Shark Adaptation is now free for all players. On PC (via Epic Games Store), download the most recent update, hit the nearest Grotto in-game, and select the Tiger Shark Skin Adaptation under body evolutions. For console players, simply visit the store links below to download the item free of charge:
- North American PlayStation Store Link
- European PlayStation Store Link
- For the Xbox One version, please visit the Store Link
To equip the Tiger Shark Adaptation, players can visit the nearest Grotto, and select the Tiger Shark Adaptation under Body evolutions.
Since its debut in the open-water, action-RPG space, Maneater has captured the hearts and fins of content creators around the world with over 2,500 live streams with over 300 days’ worth of playtime on Twitch.tv – and over 114 million video views via YouTube. To further celebrate this truly jawe-some milestone, Tripwire Interactive is making a splash with a special Shark Week sale. Players can grab Maneater with a 25% discount only on the Epic Games Store until 9 a.m. EDT Sunday August 16, 2020.
“We couldn’t be happier with the overwhelmingly positive response to Maneater we’ve seen from players around the world,” said John Gibson, CEO and Co-owner at Tripwire Interactive. “Clearly, people are hungry for more, and while it’s too soon to go into great detail, I can promise that you haven’t seen the last of Maneater – our team is working on something extra special to share with fans.”
Maneater is a single player, open-world action-RPG (ShARkPG) where YOU are the shark. Starting as a small bull shark pup you are tasked with surviving the harsh world while eating your way up the ecosystem. To do this, you will explore a large and varied open world encountering diverse enemies — both human and wildlife. Find the right resources and you can grow and evolve far beyond what nature intended, allowing the player to tailor the shark to their play style. This is fortunate, because to get revenge on the cruel fisherman that dismembered you will take evolving into a massive shark, an apex predator of legends. Eat. Explore. Evolve.
Key Features Include:
- Eat: Feed on humans, consume nutrients, and find rare shark loot to evolve past what nature intended.
- Explore The Gulf: Explore seven large regions, including bayous of the gulf coast, resort beaches, industrial docks, the open ocean and more. Experience a living world with a full day/night cycle.
- Evolve Into a Legend: Unlock and equip various Evolutions that improve and enhance your shark as you progress through the campaign.
- Unique Story: Play through a full narrative, story-based campaign narrated by Chris Parnell (Rick and Morty, Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock) and set against the backdrop of a reality TV show.
- Diverse, Compelling Combat: Battle fierce wildlife including other apex predators or fight against various types of human hunters ranging from town drunks all the way up to the Coast Guard.
With a truly unique premise and never-before-seen approach to the action-RPG genre, Tripwire Interactive takes players on a journey through uncharted waters with Maneater.
In other News Greatest Clips of the Week