Now available for only £7.97 on Steam – with Nintendo Switch coming soon!
Boxing Champs, a new arcade boxing game by indie dev Raz Games, is launching today on Steam. Mixing top-down arcade gameplay with more traditional boxing mechanics that use both analog sticks, Boxing Champs delivers a solid arcade-style experience akin to ‘80s and ‘90s beat ‘em ups with a touch of Punch-Out!!
Boxing Champs features full player control over punch selection, combinations, and knockouts. The game also allows players to challenge friends in local multiplayer (online is in the works) or in a full-blown Career mode with 30 preset characters and short three-round bouts. The game supports custom boxers as well – thanks to a robust customization system packed with 70+ hairstyles, hair color, body color, body type, gloves, shorts, and boxer stats. Finally, Boxing Champsfeatures multiple arenas (including Las Vegas, New York, and Los Angeles) and four different champions that stand between players and the unified title.
To win, boxers need to snap the jab from the outside and throw combinations – or get inside with hooks and uppercuts to deliver the winning blow. At the end of the road, the goal is to unify the titles and become the undisputed World Champion!
“I have always been an avid boxing fan – and just like all the other boxing fans out there, I’ve been calling for a boxing game since Fight Night Champion was released by EA in 2011,” says Chris Razmovski, founder of Raz Games. “With Boxing Champs, we hope to offer players a fun, fast-paced take on the sport while preserving the strategic, rhythmic quality boxing fans know and love.”
- Boxer customization: Choose from 30 preset boxers – or create your own, with 70+ hairstyles, hair color, body color, body type, gloves, shorts, and boxer stats.
- Defeat four champions: You’ll need to win all four belts to unify the title!
- Full punch control: Use a traditional button-driven control scheme or feel every punch as you move the analog stick in the direction you want to hit!
- Multiple arenas: Fight in Las Vegas, New York, Los Angeles, the Downtown Gym – or the Boxing Champs Arena.
- Career mode: Create your boxer, train, and move up in the world rankings.
- Single-player and multiplayer: Take on the AI or challenge friends for all the title belts. (Online multiplayer coming soon!)
- Cartoon-like graphics and sound: Nostalgic without having to resort to pixel art 🙂
Pricing & Availability
Boxing Champs is available on Steam for $10.49 (30% off). On June 6, the game will return to its original retail price of $14.99. A Nintendo Switch port is almost ready – with pricing and launch date yet to be determined.