Viking Vengeance RPG coming to Steam in Q3 of 2020 ! Indie Developer Lowpoly Interactive announces the upcoming Steam release of Viking Vengeance
a narrative-driven rogue-lite dungeon crawler in which you use the power of the Gods to stop the Templar Oppression. Inspired by norse mythology the game takes place in an alternate history with many twists and new mechanics within a lowpoly cartoonish world.
An ARPG with Gods and rogue-lite elements.
Turn into avatars of Gods during battles and wield Thor’s hammer, use Loki’s mischief skills or Odin’s power to crush your enemies.
Wishlist now on Steam to stay posted: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1082890/Viking_Vengeance/
• 3 Unique classes of Vikings to choose from with more coming up.
• 3 Unique Gods to pray to for help
• Worship Norse Gods to earn their aid in battle and become their avatar for a limited period of time accessing enormous power and a brand new set of skills.
• Use Idol Statues and collect rune stones to receive more God Skills.
• Unique level up system with a variety of skills, talents and items to chose from.
• 2 different Afterlife paths to choose from when you die that will change your path.
• Execute enemies to restore your health or gain extra blood.
• Use the environment and game physics to gain the upperhand in combat.
• Collect blood and use it for rituals at the Idol Statues to boost your devotion to the Gods and enhance your abilities.
• Visit the blacksmith to improve your gear or buy new items.
During your journey in the Vikings’ world you will come across different Idol statues of Gods that can be unlocked. Each God is unique and will come with its own set of powers and abilities. You will gain your God’s favors, they will give you their powers in battle or grant you the ability to become their avatar for a limited period of time. Gods won’t listen to your mortal callings every time.
You can choose between three different classes, each with its unique gears and weapons. Characters in Viking Vengeance are visually distinct and grant access to different skills and items that have to be used in combination with the God mechanic. These combinations allow you to build unique experiences every time and influence the way you approach encounters.
Each class will have the ability to execute the enemies after their health reaches a certain threshold. Executing enemies will either give you health back or extra blood currency which can be used for reviving, boosting your devotion or for other gains.
It all began as a trembling flame that turned into a full blown conflict between the two faiths. Seeing no other way to stop the unnecessary bloodshed, the Templars acted as ambassadors and signed a peace treaty with the vikings. Years passed and the Dark Ages began bringing hunger, famine, plague and violence. The common people believed that the peace treaty with the heathens unleashed God’s Wrath.They started protests throughout the kingdoms and soon enough the Templars were arrested and the peace treaty voided. One Templar Knight managed to escape.
The last Templar went on a quest to find the Holy Grail. His only wish was to put an end to the Dark Ages and heal the world. Through his perseverance he managed to find the Holy Grail, put an end to the peace treaty and be proclaimed Emperor by the people.Through this new position and with the aid of the Holy Grail, he restored the Templars’ Order, this time as a military force with the purpose of eradicating all the heathens and avoiding a new Dark Age.
Witnessing the unnecessary bloodshed of innocent people, a Sergeant has a change of heart and turns his back on his fellow Crusaders during his Teuton Knight Initiation process.
Trying to reconnect with your people, from whom you were taken as a child, and to put an end to the Templar oppression, you will rediscover your original Gods and you will be harnessing their powers. You will find out the legend of an ancient weapon that could change everything.
In other news GReatest clips of the week