Space Channel 5 Returns on February 25th as Space Channel 5 VR: Kinda Funky News Flash! on Playstation VR.
Grounding Inc. is excited to announce that the long-awaited new entry into the Space Channel 5 franchise is releasing on February 25th, 2020 in North America, Central, and South America, and February 26th in Japan, Europe, and Oceania. Space Channel 5 VR: Kinda Funky News Flash! will be available as a PlayStation® VR (PSVR) downloadable software at launch on the PlayStation™Store for $39.99 USD. This is the first standalone game from Sega’s music and dance-themed masterpiece franchise to be released in 18 years, which also celebrated its 20 year anniversary on December 16, 2019.
Members of the original development team have returned to usher Space Channel 5 into a new decade. Space Channel 5 VR: Kinda Funky News Flash! is set in “Space Channel 5,” the premiere space TV station of the 25th Century. For the first time, the player will physically join senior reporter Ulala as a rookie, by dancing, posing, and grooving while holding PlayStation®Move motion controllers. Returning cast members join brand new characters in new stages and music for a groovin’ good time.
The English voice cast includes Cherami Leigh taking over the lead role as Ulala, and Tom Clarke-Hill returning to reprise his role as Jaguar. Other cast members include Cassandra Lee Morris as newcomer Kell and Greg Chun as the being terrorizing the galaxy, Glitter.
- Developer: Grounding Inc.
- Genre: Dance musical action
- Release Date:
- February 25, 2020, for North America, Central, and South America
- February 26, 2020, for Japan Europe, and Oceania
- Price: 39.99USD / 3980JPY
- Story Mode: Join Channel 5 as a rookie reporter alongside Ulala
- Arcade: Play an introductory mode recommended for VR beginners
- Trial Dance: Play 100 dances in a row in this exercise and endurance mode
- Viewing: Watch the story again through a third-person perspective and multiple camera angles
- Friendopedia: View character biographies
- Dressing Room: Change Ulala’s outfits as you unlock them through the game
- Calories: Track the calories burnt during gameplay
- Platform: PlayStation® VR
- Equipment Requirements: PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR and PlayStation®Camera, 2 PlayStation®Move motion controllers
- Space Channel 5 Returns Official Site: http://www.sc5-vr.com/en
A live music event to celebrate the game’s release, as well as the franchise’s 20th anniversary, will be held in Shibuya, Japan on March 27, 2020. “Space Channel 5 Ukiuki Music Festival” will feature live DJs, a performance by a horn section, dance performances by the Ulala’s very own choreographer, a talk with Yuki Nakajima, one of the voice actors from “Space Channel 5 VR,” and more. Space Channel 5 VR will be playable at the event, joining merchandise booths, never-before-seen artwork displays, and an auction for rare items all before the main event starts. Tickets are available on through Lawson Ticket only and is on sale now.
More information is available at the event website: sc5-vr.com/musicfes.
In other news